Motorcycle Accidents and Wrongful Death
Motorcycle Accidents and Wrongful Death
Here at the California Attorney group, we know that riding a motorcycle can offer a unique and freeing experience. Unfortunately, it can also be extremely dangerous. Seated on top of an open engine balanced on two wheels, traveling at high speed down the busy streets of Los Angeles and Riverside, many riders and their passengers will experience accidents. Lacking a steel frame, glass and aluminum to provide a shield from debris, water, wind and from other vehicles, the rider is left with only whatever they may be wearing to offer them protection—not to mention the helmet required by California State law. And because motorcyclists are not required to use restraining belts, they may easily find themselves ejected from their seats at high speeds, and can find themselves thrown directly into a variety of hazards.
With this in mind, it’s easy to imagine that due to the neglect, or even the intent, of other drivers, pedestrians, or even of poorly maintained infrastructure, riders may be killed. While criminal charges may be applicable in such a situation, the family members surviving the deceased may also be entitled to damages due to Wrongful Death. The California Motorcycle Attorney team at California Attorney Group can help determine and fight for the financial damages lost from missing support or services the deceased can no longer provide, as well as medical and funeral costs resulting from their death, and even applicable non-economic losses.
But while you may deserve compensation for all of these losses, there’s no guarantee that a jury will reward them to you. In fact, you need to make sure that you are represented by someone with the legal experience and technical knowledge necessary to make sure that you are awarded all that you can expect to receive under the law. If you’ve been in a Los Angeles or Riverside motorcycle accident, then the legal team at California Attorney Group will be able to determine both the economic and non-economic extent of your losses. For immediate conseling on your individual case, contact us today at (866) 650-0505.
Determining financial, or pecuniary, loss can easily become a complicated issue. Many factors, such as the deceased’s income, work history, age and health will be used to determine the financial value of the deceased to their family. Although this can be determined by the jury, proper legal representation—like that with the California Attorney Group—will use their legal and technical expertise in arguing and present evidence attesting to the value of the deceased and maintain the integrity of their financial and non-financial worth. If you’ve lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, it is important that you do not lose your financial stability as a result of the accident. Get in touch with The California Attorney Group at (866) 650-0505.
Beyond Pecuniary damages, Punitive damages may be sought in cases of malicious intent. This can be thought of punishment in lieu of, or even in conjunction with, criminal proceedings—yet pecuniary damages are still considered civil, rather than criminal, cases. The punishment, in this case, is financial punishment, awarded to the surviving family of the deceased. If a loved one or member of your family has been killed in a motorcycle accident in Riverside, Corona, Lake Elsinore, Palm Springs or Los Angeles, then California law permits punitive actions to be taken against a malicious offender in a wrongful death case. The limit to the amount awarded in punitive damages is usually considered in relation to the amount rewarded for financial damages.
If you live in Los Angeles or Riverside and believe that a loved one has died in a motorcycle accident due to the neglect or intent of another party, do not hesitate to contact the California Attorney Group today at (866) 650-0505, or online at CaMotorcycleAttorney.com.
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney LA
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Los Angeles Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- San Diego Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney Los Angeles
- California Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- San Diego Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer California
- Orange County Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Orange County
- California Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney San Diego
- Orange County Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- After a Judgment: Collecting Money
- Appealing a Decision or Judgment
- Basics of No-Fault Auto Insurance for Motorcycle Accident Cases
- California Motorcycle Accident Information
- Car Accidents vs. Motorcycle Accidents
- Civil Laws
- Compensation You’re Entitled To
- Conflicting Doctors’ Reports
- Criminal Laws
- Emotional Distress
- Experience and Expertise with Motorcycle Accident Cases
- Helmet Laws and Motorcycle Accident Cases
- Helmet Laws
- Highway Motorcycle Accidents vs. Residential Motorcycle Accidents
- How Do You Do Case Evaluations?
- Motorcycle Accident Injury Damages FAQ
- Los Angeles Left Turn Motorcycle Collision
- In-Depth Motorcycle Insurance Information
- I Witnessed a Motorcycle Accident – Am I Entitled to Damages?
- Motorcycle Accidents and Wrongful Death
- Motorcycle Accident Wrongful Death FAQ
- Motorcycle Laws Questions
- Motorcycle Accident Overview
- Motorcycle Accidents – An Overview
- Motorcycle Safety and Traffic Laws
- Motorcycle Safety Tips
- Operating a Motorcycle
- Other Health Issues
- Our Distinction From Other Law Firms
- Psychological Distress
- Resolution Before Trial: Court Motions
- Selecting a Good Southern California Motorcycle Accident Injury Attorney
- Starting the Case: Initial Court Papers for a Motorcycle Accident Case
- Successful Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
- Truck Accident vs. Motorcycle Accident
- What If a Traffic Officer Was Involved?
- What If I Never Went to a Doctor For a Past Injury?
- What If the Signs Were Wrong?
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer San Diego
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney Orange County
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney California
- Riverside Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Riverside
- Riverside Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney Riverside
- San Bernardino Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney San Bernardino
- San Bernardino Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer San Bernardino
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Long Beach
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Bakersfield
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney Long Beach
- Lancaster Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Lancaster Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- Ventura County Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer LA
- LA Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- LA Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Recent Settlements
February 2018 M T W T F S S « Mar 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28