Even in the face of public outcry from the California motorcycling community, the motorcycle helmet law has done good. This is because motorcycle helmets have and will continue to save lives. By wearing a helmet, you reduce the chances and severity of a head, brain or spine injury during an accident. And for this reason, helmets are considered to be one of the most important pieces of equipment that a motorcycle rider owns. Whether in Los Angeles or Indio, Riverside or Temecula, riding a Harley or a Honda, all motorcycle riders face the same reality: that there is no protection for you as rider in an accident, aside from a helmet and the clothes on your back. No airbag, no seat belt, no cage of steel and glass. If you or someone you love has been in a Southern California motorcycle accident with or without a motorcycle helmet and are seeking help in protecting your legal rights, contact the California Attorney Group today at (866) 650-0505.
Beyond its use as a safety device, failure to wear a helmet also has legal repercussions. Both the driver and any passengers on your motorcycle are required to wear a helmet, and riders who do not wear them can find themselves facing a ticket or other legal penalty. So, in this sense, a helmet makes sense as far as personal safety, but also makes financial sense.
Helmets and Your Motorcycle Accident Case
In the case of pursing an injury claim after a Southern California motorcycle accident, whether or not you were wearing a helmet will not make all the difference in the world—but it may fit into how much you can expect in damages. Your experienced motorcycle accident attorney at the California Attorney Group will help you understand what role your helmet has played in your case. For example, if you were not wearing a helmet at the time of your accident, the defendant or opposing council in your case may try to claim that your failure to wear a helmet was an issue of your own negligence.
By doing this, they will try to place the blame for your accident related injuries on you. And while this may be true, your California Attorney Group attorney will make sure that although your failure to wear a helmet and abide by state law may have worsened your injuries, this does not mean that you are at fault for your injuries, let alone your accident, and the other financial damages that came along with it. If you have been in a Los Angeles, Riverside or Corona motorcycle accident and were not wearing a helmet, then you cannot afford to take the legal and financial risks involved in pursuing your claim by yourself. Contact the experienced and skilled motorcycle accident attorney team at the California Attorney Group today at (866) 650-0505.
And of course, there is the possibility that your helmet itself was responsible for worsening injuries in your motorcycle accident. A defective or poorly designed helmet may have failed to keep you safe, or worse, contributed to your accident in some way. These issues can be extended to provide a claim from which you can recover damages. But again, it is important to contact an experienced and skilled attorney who has a history of successful motorcycle accident cases in your area. If you have been in a Southern California motorcycle accident, contact the California Attorney Group today at (866) 650-0505, or find us on the web at CaMotorcycleAttorney.com.
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney LA
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Los Angeles Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- San Diego Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney Los Angeles
- California Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- San Diego Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer California
- Orange County Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Orange County
- California Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney San Diego
- Orange County Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- After a Judgment: Collecting Money
- Appealing a Decision or Judgment
- Basics of No-Fault Auto Insurance for Motorcycle Accident Cases
- California Motorcycle Accident Information
- Car Accidents vs. Motorcycle Accidents
- Civil Laws
- Compensation You’re Entitled To
- Conflicting Doctors’ Reports
- Criminal Laws
- Emotional Distress
- Experience and Expertise with Motorcycle Accident Cases
- Helmet Laws and Motorcycle Accident Cases
- Helmet Laws
- Highway Motorcycle Accidents vs. Residential Motorcycle Accidents
- How Do You Do Case Evaluations?
- Motorcycle Accident Injury Damages FAQ
- Los Angeles Left Turn Motorcycle Collision
- In-Depth Motorcycle Insurance Information
- I Witnessed a Motorcycle Accident – Am I Entitled to Damages?
- Motorcycle Accidents and Wrongful Death
- Motorcycle Accident Wrongful Death FAQ
- Motorcycle Laws Questions
- Motorcycle Accident Overview
- Motorcycle Accidents – An Overview
- Motorcycle Safety and Traffic Laws
- Motorcycle Safety Tips
- Operating a Motorcycle
- Other Health Issues
- Our Distinction From Other Law Firms
- Psychological Distress
- Resolution Before Trial: Court Motions
- Selecting a Good Southern California Motorcycle Accident Injury Attorney
- Starting the Case: Initial Court Papers for a Motorcycle Accident Case
- Successful Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
- Truck Accident vs. Motorcycle Accident
- What If a Traffic Officer Was Involved?
- What If I Never Went to a Doctor For a Past Injury?
- What If the Signs Were Wrong?
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer San Diego
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney Orange County
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney California
- Riverside Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Riverside
- Riverside Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney Riverside
- San Bernardino Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney San Bernardino
- San Bernardino Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer San Bernardino
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Long Beach
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Bakersfield
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney Long Beach
- Lancaster Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Lancaster Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- Ventura County Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer LA
- LA Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- LA Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Recent Settlements
December 2017 M T W T F S S « Mar 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31